The story revolves around the history of a large settlement in the Nizhny Novgorod region, a closed administrative-territorial entity – the city best known as Sarov.
At the end of the forties of the twentieth century, the name Sarov disappeared from the maps of the Soviet Union.
On April 9, 1946, the Decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR No. 805-327 was issued on the creation of the design Bureau KB-11 at the Laboratory No. 2 of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR - one of the most secret enterprises for the development of domestic nuclear weapons.
Quite remote from large settlements, but at the same time located close to Moscow, hidden from prying eyes by dense forests, Sarov was chosen as the location for the deployment of the nuclear project.